Italian prosecutor's wiretap shows premeditation
A little more than two years ago, between March 17 and March 19, 2004, Muslim Albanian mobs, estimated to number as high as 50,000, went on a lethal rampage, killing 19 Christian Serbs, injuring hundreds, and permanently expelling thousands from their ancestral homes in Serbia's UN-run province of Kosovo and Metohia.
In addition, more than 20 Orthodox churches were torched and several Christian cemeteries desecrated.
Earlier this month, Italian police authorities, who have uncovered several Albanian organizations from Kosovo which ran illegal emigrant routes with the help of tourist agencies, falsified documents and fictitious marriages, leaked a telephone conversation between two Muslim Albanian members of the said criminal group recorded on March 17, 2004.
As reported by the Belgrade Novosti daily, the investigating prosecutors in Bari, Italy, led by prosecutor Giuseppe Scelsi, have come to the conclusions that the Kosovo anti-Christian pogroms were "pre-planned and orchestrated."
It is significant that the two-year old wiretap is being publicized just now, during the so-called Kosovo Final Status talks in Vienna, a U.S. and British-led effort to pressure Serbia into granting independence to a Muslim-dominated Kosovo. Italy is a part of the so-called 6-member Contact Group (made up of the U.S., Britain, Germany, France, Italy and Russia) overseeing the negotiating process and has troops in Kosovo, mostly stationed around the 14th century Decani Orthodox monastery in Pec, where a number of Italian soldiers have been injured while defending the monastery from Albanian attacks over the last several years. Italy is generally viewed as being unenthusiastic about the prospects of Kosovo independence and the formation of a terrorist-laden landmass in its vicinity, so this leak may be interpreted as a way for Italy to voice its displeasure with U.S. and British support for the radical Muslim elements in Kosovo.
The following is a partial transcript of the recorded telephone
conversation between two Kosovo Albanians, Hazer (H) and Muharem (M):
H: Hi, Rema, how are things going?
H: You're still asleep?
H: Why don't you ask your brother where he is?
M: Why, you're in Mitrovica [a town in northern Kosovo, divided between Serbs in the north and Albanians in the south], right?
H: No, I'm not in Mitrovica... We've torched all the churches in Prizren [a historic southern Kosovo town, from which the Christian population was completely expelled in March, 2004].
M: Hell, torch them all!
H: We've already torched them all, turn on the television so you can see
M: I just turned it on.
H: They're showing Prizren right now... All the church have been torched,
not one is left.
In a second conversation, between Hazer and another, unidentified man (U), the
latter appeared reluctant to talk about torched Orthodox Christian churches by telephone:
H: - Where are you?
U: - At Bujar's.
H: - We burned them all, the bitches... everything is in flames, all of
U: - I know, I was there until just recently...
H: - You were there? And at that church...
U: - And the church was torched?
H: - The local church... I was proposing that we make an agreement... KFOR [the NATO-led "peacekeeping" force in Kosovo, accused of allowing endless anti-Christian violence in Kosovo since its deployment in 1999]
pulled back and a little later they told me we had torched it.
U: - Don't talk like that, you'll destroy us all.
H: - (laughs) Oh, why are you afraid, my brother.
U: - Leave it alone, you know they tap the phones. Don't talk [about this]
over the telephone.
H: - Come on, don't worry...
As can be noted, Western-led international troops "pulled back" and allowed the terrorizing of the Christian population to take place. This is the face of the "War on Terrorism" the Western public rarely gets to see.
-- G2B contributor Aleksandar Pavic